CHAOS is a friend of Mine

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Ah..yes, the IVF cycle. My husband and I decided to do the IVF cycle a month ago, and I am now recovering from my aspiration.

Overall, the hormone injections were less demanding on my body than I had thought. I had cramping and every time I would drive over a speed bumb, I felt my ovaries cry out. During each of our ultrasounds, the doctor would say, "Yikes, you have lots of follicles!" It was not until after my aspiration that I truly understood what that meant. Basically, I had a total of 52 eggs. Yes, you read write. 52. Most women have between 8-15, so says Dr. Fertility. Evidently, I had ovarian hyper-stimulation syndrome (OHSS). So now, one day after my aspiration, my ovaries are so huge, that I cannot pee without pain. Doctor Fertility has told me to drink, drink, drink--tons of Gatorade and Smart Water, but it is hard to drink when I dread peeing!

I just talked to Doc, and 30 of my eggs were fertilized. Perhaps we will have to put off the embryo transfer until I get over this pain!

Signing off..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home